Sometimes delivering a well-timed slap across the face not only feels right, but is the absolute best course of action you can take. But there are other times when slapping is not only inappropriate, but can give people the impression that you’re a pansy. Slapping is not something to be done without proper instruction. Fear not, I’ve done extensive research and have some guidelines for you to follow.
So the age-old question is: when do you know it’s time to take your hand from your holster and unleash a five-finger salute to the slappee’s face?
WHEN TO SLAP SOMEONE IN THE FACE
1. If someone is rambling in a delusional fashion and seems to have lost their mind temporarily, a slap to bring him back to his senses is an expected and recommended course of action.
Recommended follow-up phrase to this slap: “Get a hold of yourself, man!”
2. If someone has offended your honor and you would like to challenge him to a duel, an insulting gesture, such as slapping your opponent in the face with a glove is not only acceptable, but also overflowing with awesome. Such a blatant insult is almost impossible to ignore and increases the likeliness the offender will accept the duel.
Recommended follow-up phrase to this slap: “I demand satisfaction!”
3. You and your friend have agreed to a slap-off. Under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, people (usually men) sometimes think it’s fun to exchange facial slaps. If the other party agrees to such an event, it is completely okay to slap that person when it is your turn to slap. Never slap out of turn or a slap-off could become a punch-off.
Recommended follow-up phrase after his slap to your face: “Was that a slap or a puppy dog wagging his tail in my face? You are an embarrassment to mankind. I sentence you to death by slap.”
Recommended follow-up phrase after you slap his face: “Did you hear that slapping sound? That’s the sound of me using my hand and your face to applaud your imminent defeat.”
4. When you want someone to shut-up and they aren’t responding to the words, “shut-up.” When words aren’t getting your message across and a fist to the face seems a tad harsh, a slap will often render your target speechless.
Recommended follow-up phrase to this slap: “I just slapped the words right out of your mouth, don’t make me slap your teeth out too.”
5. When you’re an older brother and would like to torture your little brother with your superior height reach by slapping him over and over and over again. Older brothers should take advantage of being able to easily slap around their little brother while they can, as little brother’s often will concoct detailed plans on how and when to strike back. A word of caution, such plans could be implemented minutes, days, week, years or even decades after you slapped them. Never turn your back to your brother.
Recommended follow-up phrase slapping your little brother: “You like that? Hey, do ya? Want another?”
6. If slapping someone in the face ever becomes known as a high-five to the face and is the latest trend, then by all means, high-five faces left and right while you still can, because baby, that trend will not last very long.
Recommended follow-up phrase to this slap: “I can’t believe this is socially acceptable!”
Most slaps are delivered in single doses, any more than one slap at a time could result in a slapping overdose. Someone who slaps too often is known as “slap-happy” which sounds like a good thing, and it is, but only if it is done correctly and at the right time. Not everyday is Slapsgiving (HIMYM). Here are some prime examples of times it’s okay to slap more than once.
Case #1. You are E. Honda from Street Fighter
Case #2. Someone pulls a gun and you want to humiliate them for making such a crucial mistake (Watch Humphrey Bogart deliver the best example of bitch slapping in the history of mankind).
A NOTE TO ALL GIRLS
For girls, slapping is often used instead of punching and is often used as a combo with hair-pulling and scratching. Girl gettin’ all up in your grill? Slap her. Guy a little lewd or handsy? Slap him. So really, for girls, the hands on their watch are almost always on slap o’clock.
HOW TO SLAP SOMEONE IN THE FACE:
1. Pull your arm back and down, like you’re dragging a Radio Flyer behind you.
2. Open your hand firmly, as you do before a high five.
3. Swing your hand at your target’s cheek that is located on the same side as your hand, for example, if you’re slapping him with your right hand, you hit him on his left cheek (which is on your right). Trying to slap the opposite cheek will look silly and awkward.
4. Make contact with target’s cheek and absorb both the sound and vibrations made by your slap. It’s a glorious feeling. 5. Be on guard, because the retribution of a slap is almost always a slap back.
1. Put your arm across your body and down (if using your right hand, it will be crossing over to your left side), like you’re trying to pull start a lawn mower.
2. Open your hand firmly, as you do before a high five.
3. Swing the back of your hand at your target’s cheek that is located on the opposite side that your swinging arm is located. For example, if you’re slapping him with your right hand, you hit him on his right cheek (which is on your left). Trying to slap the same side cheek will most likely cause you to miss, lose your balance, and fall headfirst into a koi pond.
4. Make contact with your target’s cheek, but minimize the use of knuckles, as that would make it a borderline punch. Enjoy watching your opponent reel, then catch his balance, put his hand to his red cheek and look at you in dismay.
5. As was the case with a forehanded slap, be on guard, because the retribution of a slap is almost always a slap back.
NOTE: A backhanded slap is doubly insulting and usually more painful.
PRACTICING YOUR SLAPPING ON CHRISTIANS
According to the following passage, Christians will allow people to slap them all over the place. Christians are an excellent source for those who want to hone their slapping skills..
“But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” Matthew 5:39